2011/12/21

New comment policy

.
Whoever clicked on "Comments" was able to read this:

Use a nickname and stick to it, please. I feel free to block anonymous comments at will. Offensive comments may also be blocked, in part due to the duties of a blogger in Germany.

I changed it to this

Use a nickname and stick to it! I will block anonymous comments. Offensive comments may also be blocked, in part due to the duties of a blogger in Germany.

and I mean it.

I'm fed up with lots of anonymous comments. It's not that difficult to type two or three more times. Choose something simple like "QQ" if you're really lazy, but choose a nickname and stick to it, please.

S Ortmann
.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why you don't disable the anon account directly, I think the main reason people choose it is because it's more convenient than entering a nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who Can Comment?

    Anyone - includes Anonymous Users
    Registered Users - includes OpenID
    Users with Google Accounts
    Only members of this blog"

    These are the choices offered by BlogSpot.
    There's no option that merely forces the use of a nickname without forcing the use of a registered account, too.

    ReplyDelete