2023/09/02

Exotic ancient weapons: (X) The sasumata

.

I did consider to continue the series with the sasumata or the (not terribly exotic or ancient) boar sword, but did put this off for a long time because the sasumata seemed too impractical, too weird to me. I saw a lot of weird weapons from the Indian subcontinent and the Philippines, but the sasumata seemed too weird.

Yet I saw it's actually still in use. That blew my mind. It's one of those things that are truly alien in some other part of the world.

facebook.com/watch/?v=712413385991462


 

 

 

 



It's even worse; this to me totally alien concept of a weapon/police tool was actually also a thing in Europe: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_catcher

It would (in a non-thorny version) probably be useful in the UK, where many suspects are armed with a knife.

S O

defence_and_freedom@gmx.de

.

3 comments:

  1. It seems to need considerably more manpower to hold someone down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only American police used these things, there wouldn't be cases of George Floyd.
    But who am I kidding, guns are sold like smartphones there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old boy Phil's beat you to the punch

    https://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/catchpole.html

    ReplyDelete